EXPLORE OUR RESOURCES
DEFINE A TERM
Our DICTIONARY OF LIGHT, COLOUR & VISION defines and explains the family of terms we use to discuss these core topics.
READ AN ARTICLE
Read about light, colour, vision and how to see more in our library of hand-crafted articles
RECENTLY ADDED DIAGRAMS
Our DIAGRAMS aim to introduce ideas in an instant and are followed by explanations that burrow into the detail, one step at a time.
COULD YOU HELP WITH A DONATION
make A DONATION?
As 2022 advances we are still hard at work adding new content and functionality to our wonderful website.
As you can see we are having some success in covering our basic running costs.
We try to raise NZ$1716.00 per year
Make your donation using the secure form below 🙂
Lightcolourvision.org is a non-profit project operating under the auspices of MediaStudies Trust.
Mediastudies is an incorporated society registered as a charitable trust in New Zealand.
Online fundraising powered by
Fully secured payment gateway
Kia ora to all our friends, supporters and visitors.
In case all this is new to you, lightcolourvision.org is a non-profit project exploring light, colour, vision and also asks the question, how can we see more? In a nutshell, it’s all about making sense and developing our views of ourselves and the world. It’s designed as a resource for students, teachers, educators and researchers of all ages.
Every cent helps 🙂
23.02.23: Launch v3.3
- Editing of all dictionary DEFINITIONS and SUMMARIES is ongoing. The task involves updating around 4000 bullet points. The job is now around 50% complete.
- Adding ABOUT entries to the dictionary is ongoing. ABOUT entries enable content to be produced that includes more than one concept. Examples include HSB colour model & saturation and Additive colour and the RGB colour model.
- ChatGTP is now my goto method for fact-checking and improving sentence structure of DEFINITIONS and SUMMARIES.
- Rebuilding the backend of the DICTIONARY is now complete. A new template has been applied to all DEFINITIONS and SUMMARIES.
- Back-end functionality has also been changed so that more content on the DIAGRAM pages is inserted from the DICTIONARY. This includes DEFINITIONS, SUMMARIES and ABOUT sections. The change means less duplication of entries across the whole site.
01.08.22: Launch v3.2
- Complete and upload Rainbows in Detail and Vision in detail.
- Replace Q&A popup functionality with dropdown style functionality.
- Add functionality to generate a different set of Q&As each time a DIAGRAM page is loaded.
- Add another 60 Q&As (Total = 250).
- Restructure HAMBURGER MENU to improve site navigation.
- Replace the existing search plugin with Ivory Search and create a new SEARCH PAGE.
- Close Cloudflare account and move CDN to Godaddy. This change-over reduces unauthorised login attempts from around 100/day to an average of 1/day.
01.05.22: Launch v3.1
- Complete upload of new versions of all DIAGRAMS (black backgrounds), Montserrat titles and improved layout.
- Update all downloadable DIAGRAM FILES (jpeg, ai) to the latest versions.
- Upgrade site to Premium WordPress.
- Upgrade DNS.
- Upgraded site security.
01.02.22: Launch v3.0
- Final design of the site goes live:
- Redesigned HOME PAGE
- Redesigned DIAGRAMS PAGES
- Redesigned NAVIGATION