lightcolourvision.org is a website dedicated to the education of future generations and to a vision of sustainable growth of all forms of life on planet earth. It aims to produce an image grounded in interconnections that enable us to care for each other and our world.
We are committed to responding to the call for people to make web content that is rich and relevant; to build communities that respect civil discourse and human dignity, and to fight for an open web that is a global public resource for people everywhere.
As a result, we are creating a resource at lightcolourvision.org that:
- Celebrates the common ground and connections that bind all human beings together
- Promotes the shared responsibilities we have for each other and our world.
Our core aim is to explore the human experience of light, colour, vision, what it means, and how we might learn to see more. So:
- We are creating an educational resource for students, educators and researchers of all ages that explores the concepts of light, colour, vision and how to see more.
- We are creating a LIBRARY OF ARTICLES that explores topics related to the concepts of light, colour and vision.
- We are creating a LIBRARY OF DIAGRAMS that share consistent design and graphic detailing and provides easily accessible information on a wide range of topics related to the concepts of light, colour and vision.
- We are organising the content of our website in a way that assists users in efficiently designing and implementing their own visions, projects and assignments.
- We are making all images on the site available for free download in file formats suited to a range of applications.
- We rely on the support of our partners, patrons, sponsors, supporters and users for realising these aims.