About seeing colour
- When an observer asks themselves what colour something is, they might refer to:
- Spectral colours and use names commonly associated with rainbows (ROYGBV)
- An extended vocabulary of colour names such as dark red, vermilion, golden yellow, lemon yellow, pale yellow, greenish-yellow, chartreuse, leaf green or light green.
- A specific colour model such as RGB, CMYK or HSB
- A family of colours such as warm or cool colours
- Tints or shades of colours
- A palette of colours they have selected or are working with.