- The frequency of a wave should not be confused with the speed at which the wave travels or the distance it travels.
- The term frequency refers to the measurement of the frequency of wave-cycles that pass a given point in a given amount of time.
- Frequency is measured in Hertz (Hz). One Hertz is one wave-cycle per second.
- The wavelength and frequency of light are closely related. the higher the frequency, the shorter the wavelength.
- The amount of energy transported by a light wave increases with the frequency of oscillations and as the length of each oscillation decreases.