Visible light is the range of wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation perceived as colour by human observers.
- Visible light is a form of electromagnetic radiation.
- Other forms of electromagnetic radiation include radio waves, microwaves, infrared, ultraviolet, X-rays, and gamma rays.
- Visible light is perceived by a human observer as all the spectral colours between red and violet plus all other colours that result from combining wavelengths together in different proportions.
- A spectral colour is produced by a single wavelength of light.
- The complete range of colours that can be perceived by a human observer is called the visible spectrum.
- The range of wavelengths that produce visible light is a very small part of the electromagnetic spectrum.