- Everything contains energy including all forms of matter and so all objects.
- Energy is evident in all forms of movement, interaction, and changes to the forms and properties of matter.
- At an atomic level, energy is evident in the movement of electrons around the nucleus of atoms and energy is stored in the nucleus of atoms as a result of the forces that bind protons and neutrons together.
- Energy can be transferred between objects, and converted from one form to another, but cannot be created or destroyed.
- Everything in the universe uses energy of one form or another all the time.
- When it comes down to it, even matter is a type of energy.
- Light has energy but no mass, does not occupy space and has no volume.
- Energy is often described as either being potential energy or kinetic energy.
- Energy is measured in joules whilst power is measured in joules per second.