RGB display devices include computer screens, televisions, mobile phone screens, monitors and projectors.
- A display device is an output device for presentation of information in a visual form. When the input information is in the form of a digital electrical signal, the display is called an electronic display.
- An RGB display device adjusts the RGB colour values of each individual pixels to produce an image.
- Fully saturated hues (colours) rely on the brilliance of each individual pixel.
- Tints of any hue are produced by increased the value of each RGB component proportionally, which increases the amplitude of the overall output.
- Shades are produced by decreasing the value of each RGB component proportionally so decreasing the amplitude of the overall output and thus dimming the device.