- A hue reduced in intensity is called a tone.
- In the context of the HSB colour model, a darker tone of a hue is produced by reducing its brightness (intensity).
- Tone is associated with the term value.
- Value is the amount of light that is reflected from a surface or emitted by a computer screen.
- As the amount of light associated with a hue increases the colour becomes brighter – a lighter tint of that hue.
- As the amount of light associated with a hue decreases the colour becomes a darker – a darker shade (tone) of that hue.
- In terms of tone, white has a high value, black has a low value.
- The value of an object is usually evaluated relative to the brightness of a similarly illuminated white in the same situation.
About sections (temp)